Monday 15 July 2013

SLEEK // Face Form Contouring And Blush Palette

Sleek Face Form Kit | Light | £9.99 | Buy Here

So I eventually gave in and bought the Sleek Face Form Kit in Light when Superdrug had their 3 for 2 deal across all make up on.. and I'm so glad I bought it. I knew I wanted their infamous contour kit as well as their rose gold blush, so I was planning on buying them separately until I came across this little beauty! Now, my Superdrug literally has hardly anything in stock - it seems to fly out the store as soon as it comes in and they never have tester palettes out. This put me in an awkward position because it meant I had to guess which kit to get by going off photos and swatches on the internet. There are four different kits; the fair and light kits have the contour powder, highlight and rose gold blush and the medium and dark ones have a bronzer instead. I was torn between light and medium but finally settled on light because the blush really did it for me!



In terms of the packaging, like all Sleek products this came in an elegant black case with the logo on the top. It has the trademark huge Sleek mirror, which is always useful in a compact! The only peeve I have about the packaging is that although it looks gorgeous when it's brand new - after about a week in my makeup bag it is literally covered in scuffs and fingerprints since everything shows up on the matte black :(


For me the contour powder is slightly too light, and I could have really done with a shade darker for more pronounced contouring. That being said, I can still use it as it is very easy to build up to a darker shade without having the problem of going overboard! This matte brown powder is very easy to blend out so you're not left with dirty brown streaks everywhere which was my biggest contouring fear.

The highlight is my absolute favourite thing in the whole kit, which is surprising since I was so excited about the other two powders. It's a stunning highlighter with a slight peachy pink tint to it, so it will work really well on every skin tone without being too bright. It's so versatile - one swipe can give you a subtle glow during the day but this can be built up for evenings out. 

And finally is the rose gold blusher.. a well known dupe for NARS Orgasm and my favourite colour. I'd been eyeing up this blusher for a very long time, so the fact that it came in this kit was a huge plus for me. Like all Sleek products, it's very pigmented so trust me when I say a little goes a long way! The colour is stunning on the cheeks - it's a beautiful multi tonal colour with lots of gold specks which catch the light.

All in all, I'm very happy with this purchase as all three products compliment each other perfectly and it's really great value for money since the powders are so pigmented - I can't see myself hitting pan anytime soon! The only thing I would advise you to do before buying, is swatch the colours in store if you can because it's quite hard to tell from online photos alone. If you're darker than NC35 I would suggest going for medium or dark.

Without Flash
With Flash
For the above swatches, I took four swipes of each one to make sure it showed up on camera. In reality they are much more subtle and lighter!

excuse the awkward angle but what I look like after some gentle contouring!


13 comments:

  1. So beautiful colors...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love how you did your eyes :) Very pretty

    http://lifelivinginlondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I keep seeing this on blogs and I have to finally pick it up! I adore the shades, they are so gorgeous! Rose Gold is my favorite blush from Sleek, it's to die for! <3

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, it's well worth it! Rose Gold is my first Sleek blush but I'm definitely going to grab some more since they're such great quality :)
      x

      Delete
  4. That third color looks exactly like orgasm! So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a great dupe and suits so many skin tones!
      x

      Delete
  5. Ugh, that blush colour is divine! Shame we don't have Sleek where I live, since I've heard so many good things about the brand :(

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaww :( that does suck, they're one of my favourite brands - hopefully they'll reach you soon!
      x

      Delete
    2. If I ever go to the UK on vacation, I'll probably end up doing a large makeup haul--Boots (and Sleek...and Bourjois), I'm coming for you!

      Delete
    3. if you ever come to the UK, come to London and I'll take you to all the best shopping places! Boots won't even know what hit it... ;)
      x

      Delete
  6. Oh my, that looks really lovely. I'll be in London in september and definitely gonna check sleek out in superdrug :)

    Blu Button Box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, that's so exciting..you should totally go Sleek crazy while you're here!
      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :) I really appreciate them all and will try and respond as soon as I can! I'd be more than happy to check out your blog if you leave a link :)
zara
x