Wednesday 17 July 2013

RIMMEL // Wake Me Up Foundation Review

How's it going guys? I'm sure you've all heard a lot about Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation before, but I thought I'd share my own thoughts on it with you. I originally bought this from Asda [the makeup aisle is always the highlight of my Asda trips!] as everything on the Rimmel stand was under a fiver. I've had this foundation on my wish list for a while and lo and behold there was only one left and it just happened to be in my exact shade!

 Rimmel | Wake Me Up Foundation | Buy Here

This foundation claims it 'visibly reawakens and illuminates skin with a radiant glow' and for me this is definitely true. It contains teeny glitter particles which give it a shimmer which has been the subject of much debate in the beauty blogosphere! I personally love the healthy dewy glow it give me and think it's the perfect summer foundation - especially since it contains SPF 15. Just be careful because you do end up with shimmer all over your hands after applying this which does look a little strange :S

I would say Wake Me Up provides medium coverage, but it can be built up easily. It has a very silky consistency and feels super lightweight and refreshing on your skin. I only ever have to use one or one and a half pumps so I'm sure this will last me a while!

One Pump Of Foundation
My shade is number 201, Classic Beige - I'm quite lucky in that since my skin is fair to medium, colour selection wasn't a problem. However the biggest issue with this foundation is that the range of colours available are pretty rubbish - if you're very fair or medium to dark skinned you might have a bit of trouble finding your perfect shade since they're all a bit samey and beigey.


My favourite thing about this foundation is the smell - oh gosh I could sniff it all day if it wasn't such a weird thing to do ;) I can only describe it as a fresh citrus scent which may not be to everyone's taste but is definitely a plus for me!

The foundation does last all day, I would say you could get a good 8 hours out of it but after that it starts to look slightly oily. I understand that this happens with quite a few foundations, but I think in this case the shimmer definitely makes the problem worse!


So I've been talking about this foundation so much lately even my lovely mumma went out and bought one! Overall, a summer favourite and I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants something light but with more coverage than a BB cream.






10 comments:

  1. This is actually the first time I've heard of this brand. Thanks for sharing :)

    Keep in touch

    http://lifelivinginlondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review!!! would you like to follow each other?
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD, I USUALLY THROW SO MUCH SHADE ON RIMMEL BECAUSE THE SMELL OF THEIR PRODUCTS ARE USUALLY GOD-AWFUL, BUT THE SMELL OF THIS IS D-I-V-I-N-E. The fact that it has a pump makes the product even better!

    I'm a bit wary of the sparkles though, just because I don't want to look like one of Steph Meyer's vampires (and have glittery hands), but I do intend to buy this foundation!

    Great review!
    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN! seriously why doesn't all foundation smell like this??
      You should definitely get it - looking vampiresque isn't all that bad actually, it's pretty cool to see your skin shimmer for once ;)
      x

      Delete
    2. Oh gosh, I swatched this on my hand today, and I've never noticed the amount of sparkle in this until you mentioned it....my hand looked like a disco ball!...I FEEL LIKE IF I PUT THIS ON MY FACE, I'LL EITHER BE 1)VAMPIRE OR 2)UNICORN.

      Totally fun though, heh.

      Delete
    3. VAMPIRE UNICORNS FTW! :)
      x

      Delete
  4. This summer it's my favourite foundation, I use it almost every day! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here, it doesn't even feel like you're putting foundation on!
      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :) I really appreciate them all and will try and respond as soon as I can! I'd be more than happy to check out your blog if you leave a link :)
zara
x